Skip to main content

SEARCHLESS






My mind once travelled upon the journey to unravel the beginning
I jumped into the path; behold a bottomless ditch, still, I persist
I travelled along the road of emptiness, no company, no envoy
Still, I persist, I must see the ONE who before I was said to Exist


I saw Stars, shinning in their brightness, their dust filled the path
Still, I persist, I must unravel the beginning
The beginning that formed me, if thou wouldest not show me all, least show me a pinch
Still, I persist, the mind was pacing at a speed never yet seen


I must see THEE who raineth on the just and the unjust
HE Who shineth the brightest star in our realm upon all men
I must see the beginning, so I rode upon the Stallion of the mind, pacing on the smoothest of grounds
No end yet still I persist, I must see the beginning, my inquisitive mind thirsted


I flashed back as far as I can
Wanted to touch the moment I was formed
That I should recollect the instance I was thrown across
Still no end, but yet, I persist


I reached for the deep waters, to search beneath; probably I would get the beginning
When the Monsters where moulded and even before then, when I was yet conceived in the mind
The Mind of the ONE called Mighty than all, transcendent into ALMIGHTY
Yet I saw no clue in sight, still I persist


I hoped on, I could get HIM; the mind said, then I will inquire of the mysteries
Yes, of seeming imperfection around me that yet reveals perfection
Of Great, small and little complexities all over
Yet I met no one on that road, though it is smooth and I rode on the stallion of the Mind


Then I was a step into absolute meaninglessness,
I turned my stallion 
We had better go back
This beginning is painstaking yet Searchless!!!!


Bolaji Olaniba (2019)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOCIETY AS A CAUSE AND SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM OF DRUG ADDICTION

BACKGROUND Society is a network of persons interacting within a geographically sovereign area, with unique culture, social institutions, values, Norms, roles, and sanctions governing each other’s behavior. This phenomenon is definitely the basis of individual behavior and personality development as deeply believed by Sociologist. American Sociologist C. Wright mills; stated that to understand the nature of individual behavior, the best context to place the individual is the social context/environment; then we will understand the reasons behind his/her behavioral patterns and the “individual uniqueness” this is the core foundation of his concept of sociological imagination. “ Neither the life of an individual nor the history of a society can be understood without understanding both ” C. Wright Mills (1959). The Society has without a doubt been the platform for the offshoot of great developmental strides: in technology, science, literature, in culture, in globalization, i...

SAVING NIGERIA’S EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FROM A PITFALL

SAVING NIGERIA’S EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FROM A PITFALL BY ABISOLA AKINOLA Prior to this era, the educational institution was momentous and teachers were much revered. In fact, education was so valuable that even a primary six graduate could secure a job. Then, parents would encourage their children to be educated in order not to end up like them. They saw education as the best patrimony they could give their children. The society's present underestimation of educational achievements in this present day is not deliberate. There are several reasons attached to this: The educational structure and its achievement in Nigeria is deficient, it is not what it used to be. The world has moved on beyond the educational system practised here. It has come to the point that a graduate might not get a good job because what he/she is being taught in schools now is different from what is being practised in both the corporate and business world alike. Another i...

ON THE NIGERIAN CHILD AND AN ENDANGERED FUTURE

ON THE NIGERIAN CHILD AND AN ENDANGERED FUTURE BY OLANIBA BOLAJI OLUWATOBI             Over the years our children have been victims of unusual and unfounded circumstance ranging from sexual abuse to child labor/child abuse across all fonts of first; economic activities (from mild to hard labor) in extractive, manufacturing and service industry, to the social, Educational and cultural sphere and in the hands of religious devils.   worst still is the spate at which sexual abuse against (most especially) the girl child has become pervasive in our society and perpetuated surprisingly by close relatives and neighbors, which includes those who are old enough to be the fathers and grandfathers of these girls, and even their own biological fathers, uncles, and Brothers, etc. sexual exploitation against the male child is also mounting, and should not be overlooked. Hiding sodomy agents lie around the corner pouncing upon the male children at sch...