Skip to main content

AND SO WHAT? (THE COSTLY NEGLIGENCE)












A couple of intrigues in my Niger area;
I graduated with a 4.99 Cgpa
Society: and so what?

I can invent
I even built a model helicopter out of scrap and the dustbin
Society: and so what?

I am morally upright
I love and keep the laws of my father land
Society: and so what?

I work hard
Earning my money from my daily struggles
Society: and so what?

I shun bribery
I never meddle with corrupt practices
Society: and so what?

As a student I shun exam malpractice
I believe in the genuity of my ability
Society: and so what?

See I want to become a banker, lawyer or an accountant
I want to offer standard services to everyone in the society
Society: and so what?

I hope to take many kids off the streets
Ensure a hope for them and ensure they are educationally fit
Society: and so what?

Even though this terrain is not smiling
una mehn, I am just gonna keep keeping on
Society: and so what?

As a professional athlete I made sure I made my nation proud
I showed the competence and ability of Nigerians
Society: and so what?


I hope to ensure massive social support
Peradventure I rule my Nation I hope to raise many up
Society: and so what?


This is bane in our progress
In the Niger – area
The calamity of not appreciating the ideal
Has thrown us into shambles and bitter ordeals
We need to wake up

Bolaji Olaniba (2019)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOCIETY AS A CAUSE AND SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM OF DRUG ADDICTION

BACKGROUND Society is a network of persons interacting within a geographically sovereign area, with unique culture, social institutions, values, Norms, roles, and sanctions governing each other’s behavior. This phenomenon is definitely the basis of individual behavior and personality development as deeply believed by Sociologist. American Sociologist C. Wright mills; stated that to understand the nature of individual behavior, the best context to place the individual is the social context/environment; then we will understand the reasons behind his/her behavioral patterns and the “individual uniqueness” this is the core foundation of his concept of sociological imagination. “ Neither the life of an individual nor the history of a society can be understood without understanding both ” C. Wright Mills (1959). The Society has without a doubt been the platform for the offshoot of great developmental strides: in technology, science, literature, in culture, in globalization, i...

SAVING NIGERIA’S EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FROM A PITFALL

SAVING NIGERIA’S EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FROM A PITFALL BY ABISOLA AKINOLA Prior to this era, the educational institution was momentous and teachers were much revered. In fact, education was so valuable that even a primary six graduate could secure a job. Then, parents would encourage their children to be educated in order not to end up like them. They saw education as the best patrimony they could give their children. The society's present underestimation of educational achievements in this present day is not deliberate. There are several reasons attached to this: The educational structure and its achievement in Nigeria is deficient, it is not what it used to be. The world has moved on beyond the educational system practised here. It has come to the point that a graduate might not get a good job because what he/she is being taught in schools now is different from what is being practised in both the corporate and business world alike. Another i...

THE JOURNEY

Life’s a journey Trail the path; Though you will walk through the bush that’s thorny, Even sail through the sea that’s stormy And in darkness; you will need that Light It’s the Word that speaks right So you don’t become overwhelmed by that plight Just be led by that Captain, Whose faith can help you move mountains He will guard you By Him, the Earth was laid as a mat And the heavens; spread as Blanket Get your mind ready You will need to guide it steady Seal it; from those who will fill it up with perfidy Open it to Imports from the Word of Life; it will help you achieve your destiny Today could bring you rain; Enjoy quite well with discernment and Ears to the Spirit Coz Tomorrow might yield drought, and your soul could grow weary So be wise along with enough Simplicity. And note this; mind thy companions, the company of wolves are multiplied Search among the hills, down the greens; behold their; a company of sheep They will l...